Saturday, February 9, 2013

Sally Hansen Salon Effects French Mani (First Impressions) Review

I've been waiting for something like this to come out for ages! No more painting on the white and taking hours to perfect it. I couldn't be happier. This is my first time to purchase nail polish strips so I can't lie I was nervous to apply these since they have the tips and a pinkish-clear strip that layers over top.

(Sally Hansen Salon Effects French Mani - French Twist package contents)

So far I'm on day 2 of wear and I did see a corner try to lift up so I rubbed it back down and put some seche vite top coat on and haven't had a problem since. I followed all the directions and cleaned my nails off with acetone and let that dry before application. I found during application the corners of the strips didn't want to stay down eventually they did. It took a while to apply but I love the outcome. Putting on the pinkish-clear strips was very quick and made me want to try out more from Sally Hansen's Salon Effects line. The only problem I have was with the white strips you get two on one strip so you pull it apart and get two uses out of it. They didn't want to pull apart cleanly so I had to use scissors to get a that clean edge. I have a feeling these aren't going to last 10 days on me since I feel I could have had at least some practice with the regular nail strips before trying these. I fumbled my way through being a novice with nail strips. I would repurchase these again if they can last at least 5 days which would top the wear time of painting on a french manicure. 

( above : French Twist on the nails ...please excuse the varied length of the white tips that was my bad)


There are 8 French Mani Colors:

(Pink Macaroon - #001)
(Silver Lining - #002)
(Gold Cabaret - #003)
(Steel the Night - #004)
(Noir Boudoir - #005)
(Polka Party - #006)
(French Twist - #007)
(Excusez Moi! - #008)

Retails: $10 - $14 
Bought for $11.00 at my local Walmart
I hope they come out with more colors soon. I would love to see a purple french mani!
Thank you for reading!
xoxo - Vilavanh





No comments:

Post a Comment